A Mzungu in Africa

My life in St Judes School,Tanzania from January 2006

Monday, December 19, 2005

THE 'SINEAD O'CONNOR' HAIRCUT

In September and in anticipation of my trip to Vietnam (for three weeks) and then Africa (for a year), I decided it was time to cut all my hair off. It was a scary but liberating experience. It's only hair after all and yet we place so much importance on it in our society. It's been very interesting to note how differently I've been treated since - having gone from having long blonde hair to shaved dark hair. I can safely say that women with short shaven hair are almost pariahs as far as male attention goes.

So this is my hair before, during and after the haircut. It was a homecut done by several of my friends, but mostly Anne.

And this is me afterward with my friend Griff - now my hair is shorter than his!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home