A Mzungu in Africa

My life in St Judes School,Tanzania from January 2006

Wednesday, November 29, 2006



This is me last week with some of the girls from my class 2A plus a few others who jumped in.

(L-R): A student whose name escapes me, Karisma, Rehema, Jackline (my parents' sponsor child), Evalyn, Vicky (hidden) and Latifa (my sister and her husband's sponsor child).

Every day, these and other girls comes to see me before school, at lunchtime and somtimes after school, just to "greet" me!

Barnaba, the child I sponsor. Lively, chatty and "personality-plus" Barnaba also comes to see me every day and will be VERY happy to see himself featured on my blog! In Standard 3, Barnaba loves football (soccer), computers, reading and his church!

Barnaba lives with his parents in a nearby village with his parents (his father is a Pentecostal Minister) and sisters. He plays soccer every day in a nearby park and gives me regular updates about who is winning in his local football league, littered with comments about how their goalkeeper didn't turn up hence they lost!!

This is me in Mombasa last month during mid-term. A few of us drove there (it takes ELEVEN hours non-stop on the some of the worst dirt-track I've ever seen) and when we finally got to the beach, it rained. But it was still fantastic to relax, eat local mangoes and seafood and just experience a new place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home